6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

day 457

Yummm!!!

What a delightful morning! Rare to have these temps @ this time of year. 65 degs predawn, shorts/no shirt running weather. Yay!!! Broke the Tuesday cycle (was raining every fucking Tuesday, resulting in my being @ Spin class). St.Francis + Kissena, 10 +. Would'a gone longer but didn't have powergels.

Shebitch did Brodsky's 5k Sunday. Good for It. The only problem: again, It'll do ANYTHING BUT spend time with Its son. I DO find that troubling. Felt like The King when Stoney actually agreed to go out with me Sunday, l-o-v-e-d every second. (still miss his sleeping next to me, his arm draped across me, cute bastard). He had a moment of clarity Sunday: said sometimes he wished he was little/to not be treated as a grown up. Was referring to asking Santa for a flat screen. That hurt, but was likewise heartwarming. My boy is growing up. He realizes that as an adult, you lose hope and embrace reality, that wishing for a flat screen is pointless. Almost got me teary. But it WAS lovely that he voiced this to me, rather than his usual disposition (a sullen teen). Of course I DID make him aware that, as opposed to living in an apartment, that he was, in effect, living in his flat screen. That he had a choice: pretty tech toys, or a house. In truth, cOULD we have one? Of course. But the current tv's work. Also, in truth, I have zero desire to piss money away. He needs to realize this. Sucks that I have to, again, be the reality factor. Parenting is work. (guess that's why It does none of it).

No comments: