6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, October 23, 2010

day 454

THAT was different!!!

Was wondering which experience to undertake today: run The Line, do one of the plethora of 5k's (Gary Farley?), or...OR...ride. So, rode. There was an enticing first annual one, Doubleup4vision. it involved riding tandem with a blind person. What fun!!! So, off I went. Intended to take the LIRR, but not THIS weekend, a shipwreck, so, packed my folding treasure, and off I went.

We got paired off with a blind rider, were given use of a tandem bike and helmets, and we were off! There WAS a practice session, to get used to tandem biking, but I figured my balance was good, not the smartest move, but it worked. The west side really IS gorgeous, had memories of Curtis's run and the NYC Half, and of course peeps gone by. Miss them, but hey, THEY missed out-they have internet access as well n'est pas??? Started @ 130thst, to approx 70th, a 5k. What they didn't warn people was: you hadda get back to the start. Duh. (hence, the reason I brought my folding treasure.

***Funny, my Raleigh has what appears to be the OLDEST tires in God's green earth, but hey, they last. And, it's the TUBE that matters anyway.

Back to Toxichouse, Stoney's sleeping. Great way to spend your youth.

No comments: