6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

day 437

not getting older...getting slower

ok, lived 21 years past what I should've. After doing the shit I did, oughta been dead decades ago. So far, so good.

...not to mention, should'a had zillions of diseases-not the least of which SHOULD'A been gotten from hangin' with the Times Square peeps when Times Square WAS "fun city."

So, all things considered, been a long great ride. LOVE the fact that I done everything ever wanted to, and then some. The kid who couldn't do a lap around the gym is doing marathons. The kid who was too fat to see his penis is both in shape and not too terribly unattractive. Nice.

So, how'd I celebrate? Did Spin class last night, good to see Richie and the usual suspects again. Then, off to Roger Waters. Nice.

This am, back to The Line. YAY!!! After too many days of rain, needed to get the miles in once again. We did well. Almost did the "no shirt" run, but a bit too much chill in the air. St.Francis, check. Birthday, check. Nice.

My ONE lament, and this IS impossible to remedy: Stoney's teenagerdom. He's @ that stage where he doesn't speak to me unless he turns to First Bank of Dad. I'm The Father, I'm the bad guy. I can deal with that, I know my role, but it still hurts. My lament: I REALLY miss when he slept next to me, his arm curled around/over me as he slept peacefully. THOSE were the BEST. Of everything I've done in over a half century, THAT was the shit.


***we each have our ways of noting how time passes, my latest: the "Entenmann's Half" is now the "Great South Bay Half," (I STILL remember taking Keith, he was shy re: grabbing munchkins, had his gameboy with him...), the Get to the Point run (longing/aching to have Keith with me to do the kid stuff, only to have Shebitch interfere), doing that race with DP and G, doing the Queens Grand Prix when running was treated as it should be-as a gift to be shared, Wednesday night spinning (and Monday, Tuesday, Thursday), making out @ Alley Pond against the tree, making out in The Blazer.....wonderful memories. The stuff of life.

Not one regret.

No comments: