6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, October 10, 2010

day 441

YAYYY!!!

Using the Ragnar model, did a 10k this am, a 5k in the pm. MAN that was fun. Figured I'd be in Brooklyn anyway, on the same train line (god bless the G!!!), was a total howl!

The 10k was a first for me, the 29th for them. Poorly run, but a real community thing. Bed Stuy. Naturally, who was there? The Renegades. GREAT to see Len and his crew. THEY understand what it's all about. THEY were a presence, Quantum?...Quantum who?

LOTS of people there, a fun, flat course. THEN, off toward the 5k. Seperated by 90 mins and a few train stops. Wanted to check out Brooklyn Bike and Board, but, no time. Lo and Behold, JUUUUST as I pass, a community bike shop is rolling its wares into the street...and...and...what comes into my field of vision??? A Raleigh folding bike! WOW!!! Snatched that bad boy up n a second. Even the guys in the bike shop were waiting to see who'd scoop it up! SUUCH a steal, 1/5 the cost of the Brompton. Only hassle: carrying that fucker up and down train steps. MAN is NYC NOT bike friendly. But, got my treasure.

With minutes to spare, as opposed to my usual hours early, hit the 5k. REALLY missed my peeps being there, but, I was and that's all that matters. Did well, not great, but hey, after a 10k 2 hours earlier...whatthefuck.

So, what does the Ragnar model have to do with it? Run in the am, run in the pm to get used to off hours endurance running.

And the feast @ the 5k? I didn't stick around. I left @ 2:15, @ that point they'd already been making us wait for half an hour. FUCK that. This is a really cool 5k, real community support (the Polish version of the Black Bed Stuy run), but, timing counts. So, off I went.

REALLY had fun, missed my peeps, but had a blast! And...got my treasure!

No comments: