6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Monday, September 20, 2010

day 421

regroup!

Day off today, rest, gotta. After yesterday, running on an empty stomach, then my usual Ocean to Sound veggie burger gluttony, need to chillax. Sucks. BEAUTIFUL day, but if I don't rest, won't be going 'til death do me part. Some time ago, I promised to not let a day go by without doing SOMETHING healthy for myself. STILL can't quite internalize that rest IS doing something healthy. Not to mention the foods I consume, rest I get etc.....DO miss daily running, but gotta take care of the knees.

Doesn't happen often, but Ocean to Sound is unique in that it makes me envious. I see peeps like brotherfromanothermother and his wife, Lynn and Joe...and wish I had a partner. Instead, I come back to Toxichouse from a day like yesterday and It threatens me with a court order.

Watched 60 minutes yesterday, story on Jimmy Carter, first prez I was aware of who ran. HE kept going 'til 70, then, knee would swell after a run. Hope I LIVE that long, let alone run.

Pix @ the bottom!

No comments: