6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, September 12, 2010

day 413

no, they'll NEVER know

...lot to be said for sticking it out.

Got to the race this am, typically predawn, just me and the trailer/stage guys. THAT'S when you know you're early. I remembered this one as a "NOT put on by runners" race, meaning, lots of glitches. PLUS, number pickup (as well as post race pancake b'fast) was on the school football field. Not good logistics. But, press on. And yes, WAS tempted to get my shirt and THEN head to either AP or the Komen run. BUT, glad I stuck around.

Did ok, nothing great, but didn't walk. Ran most of the run with a woman who sang along with her music, but the volume was low enough for us to converse. had a good time.

Then, stuck around for as long as my patience (and the rain) held, with Anita/Travis, and brotherfromanothermother and his wife. GREAT race goodies-a slaptop backpack (or a fanny pack if you chose,) nice. So, why glad I stuck it out? Convo w/Anita/Travis after, basically affirming each other's parenting. I left before the raffle (20 minutes for the 5k results, by the time I left it was cold AND sprinkling, it was 11:10 @ that point), gave my ticket to Travis.

Glad I did it. Great people-not runners, but fine people who, I'm sure, had better things to do with their time. Not well attended, odd because the $$$ went to 6 or so charities. Odd.

Came home, Stoney on the couch, no sign of Shebitch. Again.

No, it isn't easy. But, imagine what it'd be like if I listened to my peeps who don't have kids? Imagine Stoney with NO boundaries??? Kills me. Totally kills me.

*Side note: brotherfromanothermother was tired-he and his wife were out 'til 11:30 last night. He said he was gonna run with me, I said I gave him a mile. He split in almost exactly that. STILL beat me (and HE took walk breaks).

No comments: