6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

a week minus a day to go

today, continuing our stroll down memory lane, people I loved.

1)Antoinette Marrone: grade school hotness.

2)Mrs.Lonergan: 4th grade teacher (NOT my homeroom, damn), the first dress I ever looked up.

3)Lucille Kober: asked ME to dance with her @ the elementary school prom. Wow!!!!! AND, actually asked me why I didn't dance closer to her. Yummm. My first kiss.

4)"Girl @ the Dance," when our prep school held a dance with the neighboring all girls prep school, fun ensued. REAL fun!!!

5)Bay Ridge Girl: my main peep in College and I would spend weekends in Bay Ridge. He hooked me up with this amazing girl. Whomever you are, wherever you are, thanks!!!

6)Kitchen girl: the girl who worked in the kitchen in grad school (yes, you CAN date while in The Seminary, celibacy doesn't kick in until the night of your ordination), anyway, Karen, thanks!!!!!

7)Fitzy: my first love post-rehab. The American beauty rose. Remember the 70's short/tight "Olivia Newton-John/Let's Get Physical" shorts? Fitzy wore 'em, it was lust @ first sight. 6 ft, slim, busty, freckled, red hair, wow. A mafia princess with a price on her head. What fun we had!!! Broke my heart.

8)Linda: Garden City Linda McG. Saved my ass on many occasions, used to spend every afternoon @ her place. My peep.

9)Marciana: together, we kept MATC open. HELL of a woman. The first real, mature relationship I ever had. Problem was: we were both independent and knew-unsaid-that anything further wouldn't work. We hook up for dinner once every 5 years or so, and the sparkle in each other's eyes will outlive us both. Full of love and life.

10)Julia: my Whoopie Goldberg look-alike. Crazy as hell, but a wonderful girl.

11)The White Witch (told you, not so good remembering names): actually lived with me in Uniondale for a bit. Literally was a white witch, actively practiced.

12)Debbie: my lifelong peep. People don't get this one. I've known her for almost 25 years-a friend, but that word doesn't describe it. We see each other regularly, she gets WAY too clingy, we break for years, then hook up again. Not physical, my sister. Love her, but she makes me nuts-too stalkerish, but she has a piece of my heart. REALLY pissed off Shebitch when I told her to ride in one of the limos @ my wedding, tough shit on them. Funny, Shebitch's friends could do as they liked, ONE of my peeps gets in on thew wedding and.....bitches can be catty n'est pas??? Even offered to bankroll my divorce. Bless her.

13)(insert joke here). Dana: months before we even went out, I called my brother/Priest brother, and told him he was performing the ceremony. He asked the obvious question: "have you even dated yet," to which I responded "details, details." I KNEW she was the one. The mother of my son. Little did I know she'd lose it. Would I do it all over again? Yes. Who could've predicted Its decline? Gotta jump into love with both feet.

14)Pret: number 14. Owns my heart, but doesn't quite get it. Wassup with women and this whole reassurance thing? Guys are easy: we might not talk to one another for years, and even then, a grunt or fart covers everything. Women, gotta do things like...what's the word...talk? GREAT butt/amazing smile. Saved my ass when I couldn't. The song "someone saved my life tonight" was written about her.

15)? Time will tell.

No comments: