6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, September 6, 2009

day 42

did the Manhattan Run. What a blast!!! I'll do this and The Marathon until I'm crippled-which at this rate should be any day now!

Met Tom @ The Park, we drove in-actually, HE drove, I rode. Nice. Only 30 mins. Amazing what happens when you're with someone who knows what they're doing! Found a parking spot, away we went.

Busses were there earlier than the runners-after the first year Curtis learned. Met Polansky, he asked if I had anything left for today (after doing yesterday's 1 miler), of course I responded "sure, ibuprofen," bless him. GLIRC represented, as did AP, Hellgate and College Point. Guess who wasn't there? Yes, THEM. Give up.

Bless Curtis and his people, wonderful souls who do it for all the right reasons, the usual Curtis peeps were there-Michele, the announcer, the cadets.....bless them all. Ran into Dentist, Sal, Warwick Ford (Fun On Foot In New York), and the guy from College Point who did Quebec with us, ended up running the whole run with him-talking without ceasing-a 14.2 mile conversation (typical guy shit-we talk for 2+ hours, STILL dunno his name). Nice. Before you knew it, we were @ the numbered streets, then the cruise ships, then Chelsea Piers. The time really flew.

Did great time wise-better than last year 2:11. How I did faster than the nyc half, when this is a longer run, I haven't a clue, all I know is I had a blast!

Passed all the memory spots-the pier where Nike had it's training run when the Blue/Red people were actually a group, the 103 st training spot, the water stops where Pret waited for me, the spot where the trapeze school was.....many many memories. All of them good.

Not bad considering my ligament's fucked.

And if it wasn't too late for the last ferry, I would'a done the Governor's Island run, ah well, another time. Can't miss a Curtis event. Thanks, it always kicks ass!!!
Gotta love a run with balls- you see the nyc skyline and say "ran it." You see people who run halves and think "shit, did more than that." Niiice. And an amazing time to boast of, really nice. (Can't BELIEVE I beat my nyc half time @ a longer run).

No comments: