6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

day 58

Meet the Mets, beat the Mets...I really mean that, beat them senseless!!!

Took Keith to his first game @ the new Shea Stadium, against the dreaded Braves and...and...first inning: BOOM! Braves score 4 runs, and that was only the beginning. Final score 11-3. And for THIS I missed the 2 hour season opener of House???

Seriously, Tom came up with the ducats, had 4, it was him/one of his 3 sons, Keith and I. GREAT seats-cheapies-$15, uppermost section, but still great seats, total view except for the left fielder.

Keith had been sick-again-missed school. I asked if he was well enough to go, having my attitude he of course responded positively. Now remember where we sleep kiddies. This meant: he was sick, alone all day, hadn't eaten (gee, wonder why he's sick so often). It finally comes home, again decries Its need for me to give It money, then unloads Its car from grocery shopping. NONE of the foods being anything I eat. And I should care.

So, Keith gets dressed, Tom arrives, we take the LIRR in. Couldn't have been easier. Jump on the 7 train, we're off, showed Keith my old haunts: 74th n' Roosevelt, Junction Blvd...

Get to the stadium, walk a few blocks lookin' for something to eat. 3 blocks later we find a pizza joint-a Mexican pizza joint-we let Keith choose. I order a large pie-was delish-and a caesar salad. When's the last time I had pizza??? But it was jwtdo. Keith scarfed it down.

We enter the stadium, they are quite taken with it. Carlos Beltran is in the lobby posing and signing-way cool.

The game, well. it sucked, but these ARE the Mets. Tom and I joked that the players were saving themselves/preventing injuries in view of next year.

You KNOW Keith was ill when he expressed NO interest in the team store. Usually he wants to walk away with SOMETHING in hand, not today, though he DID want something to eat during the 5th inning-chicken tenders. He ate every bite. Junk food boy.

Throughout the game we were joking about one of the vendors-a BODACIOUS Boricua with curves everywhere hawking soda and water. Keith almost wet his pants imitating her. What a blast!!!

Left right before the 7th inning stretch, got the 10:05 to Hicksville, in bed by 11:15. Nice. Thanks Tom!!!

What a genuinely nice guy.

Tonight, track work.

This just in: track work went well, though a misnomer. Was the last of the season-nice to get Tuesdays back, but that's not the point. We did 5m @ race pace. I did ok. Work paid off.

No comments: