6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, September 13, 2009

day 49

my how we've grown! In years past, other local clubs were the example, now, they're but a memory, pity. I miss the way things were. But we should be proud, 3, count 'em, 3 teams!!! One top 5!!! We done good!!! And today, the Club bus trip for the walkers and any others who cared to go. Wow. No lack of things to do. Would MUCH rather chill @ home, but it isn't that, it's Toxichouse. Pity. But, it is what it is. Makes events like yesterday that much more impressive. Despite some lead cogs in the wheel not making the scene-Ken, Rob, we went on as usual-with some there solely to cheer us on: i.e. Conrad and Hank. Bless 'em.

Today, the Run for the Cure 5k. Again, I was the only local. SOOOO many people, over 10,000-too many walkers. DID run into Anita n' Travis-no hiding is there?, but some who used to do this one have faded from the scene. Pity. Their loss.

I went specifically to get Steven Colbert's autograph. There I am, sharpie in hand, approach him and...and...ask for his "signature." JEEEZ. Can you beLIEVE that??? Asking for a "signature." He kind'a looked @ me, then signed my bib. God what a friggin' dork!

Lots of celebs: Uma Thurman-tall/skinny/VERY nice, Mayor Bloomberg-average height-not short as you might think, Gov.Patterson, Cyndi Lauper-surprisingly stand-offish, and Judge Judy-a friggin' midget with Joan Rivers' plastic surgery-her face was freakin' frozen!!!

Ended up a gorgeous day, got a call from Pret, took a walk @ AP. Nice way to end the weekend.

No comments: