6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, September 5, 2009

day 41

ended the week on a high note, walk in the park w/Pret. Who knew asphalt could be so infused with meaning?

Question: wassup w/the phone? This one seems divided upon gender lines (with exceptions of course). With guys, phone conversations occur erratically, are VERY brief, and generally consist of a few grunts and a nod (yes, you CAN nod over the phone). Then, you can not speak for weeks. With women it's dif, i.e. "why didn't you call?" It's a phone. Only a phone. Exists for data transmission. Jeeeeeeeez. I obviously get this alot.

This am, hang with the club, then off to the Pat LaFontaine run-gotta get my bib signed. Know I should take this day off, but what harm can a mile do? Esp w/14.2 manana. Get to bed early then hit NYC. More to come kiddies!

***This just in: did the race, knee hurts, but the ligament seems intact...for now...

Saw Polansky on my way to the start, he broke my balls saying I looked "excited," (I was terrified of causing permanent damage, yet couldn't NOT do the race. Accounts for crappy time: 7:55, but hey, I'm not in the hospital.). If you're preregged, you run the fuckin' thing.

Sue n' Vince were there wearing enemy uniforms. Tsk tsk tsk. At least I stayed true.

Tom couldn't make it, stuck @ home t.c.b. Picked up his stuff for him.

Looks like a few GLIRC'ers will make the scene manana. Nice. THIS is what it's all about. Be there and be present. THIS is how you stay in the loop.

No comments: