6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, September 26, 2009

day 62

THAT was fun.

Fifth ave mile in the am, Perth Amboy 5k in the pm. NICE!!!

Why? Overcame my basic tendencies-to isolate. Sal had made me aware of the run in the evening, indicating we could head out after the Fifth Ave Mile. I said I'd see what was on my calendar, figuring, if I could tolerate anyone after the first race in the morning and get over myself, it could be fun. Sure enough it was!!!!! Knowing Shebitch was home, it narrowed my options.

Did the Fifth Ave Mile-nice, aluminum water bottles instead of MORE shirts, then headed to Penn, jumped on NJT, one hour later we're in Perth Amboy. Another world, like an Hispanic Hempstead, but clean. We hung with the Race Director who walked us to the finish and the start, this'd never happen in ny. What genuinely nice people. Then, walked back to the train to meet Anita and Travis. This was imp't as this was a first time race with the usual glitches-the biggets-no baggage check. So Travis was baggage cop for us. Perfect.

This run was Perth Amboy's Susan Komen. Remember a few weeks before I'd done the NYC version (Steven Colbert's "signature?"). So now, I have 2 pink shirts. Oh boy oh boy.

Did the run, then grabbed some tasties, then back on NJT, got the 7:51 to Huntington, and home by 8:45. Not bad. A fun day spent with peeps.

What made this imp't: there WERE other dances on the card this wekeend: today was also Cow Harbor (uggggh, not AGAIN!!!) as well as the Hamptons Marathon and Half (no thanks, imagine getting in and outta there!!!!!) and Sunday the NYRR 18m tuneup (why? Run in AP?) and the SNCH 5k. Good luck to they that run them, rain and more rain.

Glad Sal hooked me up. Between hangin' with him, Travis, and Anita, we really had a good day. Forgot one thing...umm...oh yes, eat. Oh well, can do that Sunday.

Bad news: back to Toxichouse in the pm, my mail opened, same old shit. not so nice.

No comments: