6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

day 59

still a bit sore from last night but if I was preregged for a race would I do it? So, St.Francis this am. Felt good to even things out-did 5m yesterday @ "race pace," then back to St.Francis today at more distance pace. Glad I overcame my initial response: when I awoke, it was a shower. Weather peeps HAD predicted scattered/isolated showers. I was ready to take a day off, but remembering it can rain in H'ville and not in Queens, I proceeded. Glad I did. Never, ever wanna blow an opportunity. Right knee IS bad though. Still, The Big One is closer than we think.

Got the MOST bizarre call yesterday. I'd been asked n' texted by a few peeps, asking if it was ok to give my phone # as a Strider wanted to contact me. Of course I said ok, it IS a state phone, the club member is a taxpayer. Little did I know what I was in for. The person is on the warpath. Was hell bent on speaking on the October meeting. I said no, we have a speaker, but if they wanted Nov, they could have that. Person would NOT take no for an answer. Jeeeez. What the hell is wrong with people??? If you ask a question, if you volunteer your assistance, you're open to negative response. DUH. Truly, I don't understand some people.

Keith still has his cold, but he was back in school. He said, bless him, he didn't wanna miss 2 days in a row. As we're going over the events of his day, It is @ the bathroom sink-no joke-COLORING ITS HAIR. Now, take a moment. Let that sink in. Think, chemo, hair loss. It currently looks (and this IS accurate, not mean-spirited) like the Crypt Keeper with shards of few hairs fighting to grow, and It colors these????? Now again, think...major contributor to lymphoma is...bing bing bing!!!!! HAIR COLORING PRODUCTS. Amazing. Between the phone call and this, I'm stunned.

Tonight: core training.

Core training went well, STILL glad I did St.Francis in the am. Periodic showers never appeared. Clouds threatened, but didn't deliver. Thank G.

Gave T my U2 tix (a staff person's child is in school w/the edge's child-tix were a nice perk). There were actually tix still on sale, but considering how big Giants stadium is, anything over 60,000 is considered a sell-out. Just can't get excited about them. When Bono was nominated for Sainthood I quit. Neil, another story. Always kept it in perspective.

No comments: