6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Yum yum, eat 'em up!!!

wow. We done good!

In a 4m that was in our backyard, we collected hardware across the board. Quite an accomplishment.

It was a tough race, hilly, rolling hills, long downhill. Yet, and this was big as for many it was their first post-Marathon run, we smoked 'em.

What made it nice was the race director is one of us by association. AND, many who normally don't race were there. Really came together as a club.

One factoid: if I reeeeeeeally wanted to, I could make Boston. But I see how some who did amazingly well @ The Marathon are STILL feeling the effects. I wanna be able to run the next day. Not necessarily the day after a marathon, but manana I'll be out there. @ my age/speed it ain't about winning, it's about the Zen of it all.

No comments: