6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, November 29, 2008

2/3 ain't bad

check, doublecheck.

Did the 4k yesterday, 5k today. Came in @ appropriate times-today 5 secs per mile slower than yesterday. Factoring in yesterday was shorter and flat, today rolling hills as well as back to back races, I'm happy.

Fun race, great cause, challenging course.

Dave, Deb, Marlon n' I reppin' The Green-just gotta wrestle that blue jacket from Dave. 2 of us took home hardware, nice!!!

Always good to see the usual Long Island suspects-George, Paul, Bob Paterson, Doc, etc...but especially nice due to today's popularity. Terry was having his race today, but out east. Whothefuck is gonna drive to Heckscher? Also, helluva choice-which cause to support: orphans or cancer???

Been doing this one since Steve was alive, so I'm kind'a stuck. Also, it's rolling hills are made for a Strider.

Amazing facility. Never ceases to impress me. This place is to orphanages (or whatever the pc term for them is, let's face it: what do you call where minority children lacking parents are housed/schooled???) what Disney is to theme parks. Immaculate.

And-as runners are tough to satisfy: amazing munchies. 6 foot heroes to die for!

Manana, a manly run: XC. Good excuse for a crap time.


...I know you're out there somewhere...and somehow I'll return again to you............

No comments: