6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Monday, November 3, 2008

wow

this shit never gets old.

Took the day off to return to the scene of the crime. NEVER ceases to amaze me that Central Park is put back together, garbage gone, everything but the grandstands were gone. Really made you wonder: "did that really happen," then you go down a flight of stair-or attempt to-and reality sets in.

Tried like hell to avoid noting my time until I was ready, but the toothaste leapt from the tube: I done good! Very happy with my time. This was one of few marathons I had no walk breaks, walked through the Gatorade stops-no, can't drink n' run @ the same time, but other than that, consistent pace. My split reveals the same: consistent pace. Nice. Really was a perfect day for running, shitty for the spectators, but great for us.

Can't say enough for the wonderful support. We're wacked for running such a distance, but @ least we have an excuse. The truly wacked are the wonderful peeps who show up to give us what we need. Bless you all. REALLY gave the push needed. The comment was made that I looked "strong," easy to look strong when you know you're on stage.

THAT made me buy the goddamned jacket. Hadda. I'm very proud of what we were able to accomplish.

Thank you.

No comments: