6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, November 16, 2008

so far, so what

ok, did the Mustang. SHOULD'A done the Race to Deliver. Why I got sucked into this bullshit race, I dunno. But I did. Regretfully.

It's a fun run really, you can't get a head of steam going due to its size-911 finishers. Wow. But ok, you're there, do your best.

Did ok, not great, unless you're Franklin Diaz, you can't. But I was on pace with the bluepeoplewhoshouldjustcallaspadeaspadeandjoinaREALclub, until I tired of it and fell off their pace. Why run your balls off if you know you're not gonna place? Save a lil for manana. Hopefully, it won't be pouring. Still, happy they didn't totally smoke me. They're a)naturally faster and b)much more competitive. I really can't be bothered. Run to stay skinny (though one kept pace with George, took some pride there).

We had a good showing, lots of Wearers of the Green, none took home hardware. But it wasn't about that-it was about being there, being part of the scene. One of the things I like about the peeps-we don't choose our races per "can I place," rather by the event itself. But, as if you couldn't tell, I'm not fond of this run. WhatthefuckwasIthinking? Too many damn turns.

Good news was: there were, again, choices (as always). Between the Race to Deliver and our own refreshment run, there was plenty to do-for those of us who must avoid where they sleep. For the rest, they could always enjoy their homes (the ONE thing I'm envious of.). So it goes...

No comments: