6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

another notch on the belt

ok, drove ALL the way from suburbia to meet Pret, missed by thiiiiiis much. Dayum!!! So, had a few hours to kill before running with the group, ducked into the job to chip away @ the pile of shit awaiting me for Wednesday. Spoke with Pret, like I said, juuuuust missed one another. Gotta learn NOT to be so friggin' detail oriented. My loss there.

So, went to the club, changed into shorts and hooded sweatshirt-gloves also (ANYONE who says/types/thinks "hoodie" gets it right between the eyes. Obama DID say he'd maintain and utilize the death penalty in such cases). Def the right choice.

Couldn't wait for the club. They come to talk, socialize, AND run/walk. I show up for an undetermined reason, but cann't wait for talkers who inevitably make us start late. My loss there as well. Wish I could get this social animal thing down, but too impatient.

Felt good. Good thing didn't set out earlier, was 39 degs when I started. Summer's gone ('ya think???)

Missed Pret sorely.

***miracle of the day: got a call from Geico, they're recovering my deductible. Are they amazing or what???

*****downer of the day: imagine being off for the day, and having to avoid where you lay your head? HATE "living" this way, but can't split. What would happen to Spike??? We've been down that path before. Gotta suck it up. Still sucks though.

No comments: