6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Friday, November 7, 2008

back on the chaingang

eased back into it. Did 86th. Total 6 n' some.

Felt good, faster than I usually do, but good. Manana the autism weekend starts. Saturday a 5k, Sunday a 4m. Odd n'est pas? Odder STILL, manana's race starts @ 11. A good excuse to get out of the Veteran's Day 4k @ VA ratrace. Did it for too many years as a tribute to where I used to golf, until I couldn't go there anymore without memories of Steve and his son. Good times for sure, but painful to relive his loss. Helluva guy. And to think, THAT motherfucker signed me up for my first race 2 weeks after I started running-Cow Harbor. KNEW we were tight when he wrote "congratulations" on my mother's funeral card-he knew I'd get it despite the staff thinking he was wacked. He was, but our kinda wacked. He's always with me.

STILL gonna try n' do the "use the marathon as a base layer" thing. Use it as a foundation, never running less than 6 +. Races don't count, they're speed runs. Yes, even @ my pace. Don't get funny.

Goin' with Spike to see Role Models. Looks good.

Wasn't THAT good, but ok. Bless Keith. We rate movies, he ALWAYS rates them 8.5. Little optimist. Put it this way: wait for it to come to cable.

No comments: