6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Day 1145

Trudging on empty

Ok, couldn't get a room @ the Y yesterday-had gone into Manhattan to (hopefully) play all day, crash, then see Ian Hunter, then race the next day in Central Park. So much for THAT idea. Got to the Y, booked SOLID. So, off to the LIRR, back to Toxichouse (pant pant pant), eat, shower, BACK into NYC. Venue had JUST opened its doors, got my ticket, hung on The Highline for an hour, then back to the Ballroom to claim my spot (standing/general admission). Thank GOD I did. ALMOST bailed, was very frustrated my script wasn't followed-when was the last time I couldn't get a room (then again, i always have a res). Oh well, made it in plenty of time for the concert-though my back and forth from manhattan WAS insane.

No opening act (THANK YOU GOD!!!), Ian SMOKED. My idol from WAY back, and to be mere feet away, wow. Glad I didn't bail.

Back to Toxichouse for a few hours sleep, then BACK to NYC for this am's race. See what I mean? Would be SO much easier to live in the city.

But again, glad I did it this way. Remember Bitch lost it because I had the gall to eat a wilted salad, there'd been ANOTHER one, in the fridge, wilted ('natch), this morning-in the garbage. Amazing. It didn't want it, but obviously was looking for a reason to go off (duh). THEN, the chicken It called me about, STILL there. Sensing a pattern.

BUT, Saw ZZ Wed, Ian last night, and this am, got a way cool free shirt. Remember the race thursday? The $30 water bottle? Some fashion running store was giving coupons to get you in store. An $80 value t shirt? FREE! And guess where the store is: 2 blocks from The Highline. Funny God, real funny.

*Pix below.

No comments: