6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day 1118

Glad I did it!!!

Dawned on me, the Battle for Brooklyn (10m in Prospect Park) is the Cherry Tree 10m. DUH!!!!! Why this didn't dawn on me before, I haven't a clue. BUT, I did well. This one is 3x around Prospect Park, with a challenge: computer mats @ the bottom and top of THE HILL. You won a prize if you were either fastest up the hill or most consistent.

The good news: I didn't havta walk any of it! Crosstraining every other day and Feldenkrais paid off. The bad news: my time STILL sucked, but not as bad as it would've if I'd walked. AND, the people who put it on were great. Wonderful enthusiasm, i.e. the talking head said @ one point the British would attack (remember, "The Battle for Brooklyn."). What was it? PERFECTLY placed, @ the mid point of THE HILL, babes dressed in British flags hosing you down with super soakers. Not MY cup of tea, actually a pain in the ass running around it, but I didn't havta walk any of it.

Also, my squeeze cream cheeses worked like a charm. Nice.

Then, off to Manhattan, caught a niche flick, to the village to eat (I LIVE in organic salad bars), then back to Brooklyn to get my truck, stop @ the job to nail down some drama, then home. Did the lawn, and here we are! A complete weekend.

No comments: