6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Friday, August 10, 2012

Day 1109

NIIIICE!!!!!

1)Joan Jett last night: incredible. I took my time-last year I spent all afternoon on line for front row, my back made me pay THAT price. THIS year, got there @ 6:10, checked the local shops, picked up a folding backpack chair for $16, got in line, minutes later we went in. Got a GREAT spot. A peep from the job was there (he hung on the boardwalk), we were the only 2 non-Lesbians. Joan kicked ass!!!!!!! The last BIG show I saw her do was the Run Hit Wonder in 2005, this was on a par. Unfortunately, the LIRR was a PAIN!!!  In bed by midnight, but my back was intact and had a BLAST!!!!!

2)Actually got up as scheduled this am. Hit the gym, see a familiar face. After approaching and retreating 3x, I asked "aren't you Dennis Walcott?" My gym is HIS gym. I told him I recognized him from the pic in the Queens paper, of him running on Union Tpke. Introduced myself as prez of the Striders. HELLUVA nice guy. Runner, triathlete. Cool!!!!! And where does he run? Right. Like I said, the guy is cool!!!

Got my Spin class in, then off to Manhattan. Anita texted me, asked if I wanted to hit a concert tonight, she's LOVELY to hang with, but no, not tonight. Outdoors, threat of storms? No. Instead, hit Feldenkrais in Manhattan, then home.

Nice, VERY nice.

No comments: