6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day 1111

(been a long time n'est pas?)

Did another 5k this am (the shit I do to avoid boredom). Had some ambivalence-the house to myself/do AP/go to manhattan...too many options. So, last night, painted myself into a corner-preregged. Glad I did. As soon as I left the house, sprinkles, doubled back, shut the windows, headed back out. After yesterday's 5k, a day off wouldn't be a bad thing, but it WAs only a 5k. So, being preregged got me off my ass.

Was a fun race. These littler ones are a blast. 3 minutes faster than yesterday, but yesterday WAS tough.

Also, funny that the flyer for today said "shirts for first 500 preregistered." I'd be amazed if there were that many in total.

Likewise, water and oranges @ the finish. i.e. You KNOW it's not a huge run when the munchies are lacking. But, it wasn't about that, and no one groused.

This eve, THEY come back. Dreading it, but, they DO exist here. Thankful I had a couple'a days of peace.

No comments: