6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Day 1068

At least I'm not injured!

Did what was SUPPOSED to be a 5m in Brooklyn this am. The organizers were total assholes, many pointed e mails exchanged between us. Adding insult to injury, the course was improperly marked. BUT, I finished.

They sent too many e mail updates. Many centered around the all important race shirt. I was livid. No only was prerace pickup NOT user friendly, but when i e mailed in response to THEIR e mail about running out, the asshole bit my head off. THEN, the race went off 15 mins late. So, me being me, how many shirts YOU think I walked away with? AND, one fucking line for post race grub. Fucked up. Never again.

Walkers wouldn't get out of the way "we're doing a cancer walk," like the runners weren't???? And after all the bullshit about the shirts, they came out with more. Really poor. Fortunately, they DID give out tix for the games. Unfortunately, I ain't going back to Brooklyn tonight. They really didn't understand many participants aren't from that borough. Very, VERY poorly organized.
Never again.

I'm on the train getting back, Stoney textx me asking "why didn't you leave my money. " Fucking asshole. Neither he nor the Twat even knew I was out.

Tomorrow, Aerosmith, Cheap Trick, and the Queens 10k. Good.

VERY Good news is: the calf isn't destroyed. Feeling good.

No comments: