6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Monday, February 6, 2012

day 925

can't fight fire with fire, tempting as it may be.

This whole "brother with a stroke" thing is really working to bring us together. Shame this hadda heppen, but a fact is a fact. Since mom died, the glue that held the family together went with her. Now that Pedrito is ill, the glue hardens. This is good for us.

Of course, personally, it's REALLY good for me-though I get weepy whenever I leave the hospital. It IS tough seeing him in such a condition, but hey, ageing is NOT for the weak.

The amazing dirt: HIS wife regularly enables Sybil. Big surprise. About once every other month It cries poverty and receives $$$. Amazing. No shame. Worse yet: god forbid you get a normal job. How long can you use this "cancer/victim" thing???

Even Angela pegged it: delayed adolescence/not wanting to grow up. EVEN Pedrito, finally, asked the million dollar question: who's paying for Keith's college? When Sybil uttered "dunno if he's boarding or not." Of course my response was "dunno if he's printing cash or not." REALLY lives in la-la land, and all see it. Funny now that the OTHER side checks in.

EVEN worse, It's out last night, what do I find? My deferred comp statement. WHY It has to steal my mail, let alone open it?????????

So, on a crisp morn, sweats, gloves, knit hat (was 32 and felt it). When I initially saw the temp when I looged on this am, it said 34. THAT would'a been shorts weather. But no, WAS too cold.

Got my miles, life is good.


*****Interesting note, Pedrito gets visited every day. I truly feel bad leaving, but gotta go back to work. When It was in the hospital? Got my spare time at best. Bros before ho's. No shit. It didn't deserve it. Best of all, when I was acused of abandoning It, who the FUCK was maintaining a full time job/minding the child (NOT taking off to the beach), AND cleaning the house?????

No comments: