6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

day 920

wow

Was @ the movies yesterday, so-so flick (Albert Nobbs), basically 2 hours away from toxicity, when It calls. Good brother had a stroke, is in the hospital. No big loss leaving the flick, especially for him, my man.

This comes on the heels of yet MORE hitting the fan @ the job (once you move up in the food chain, you make a better target).

So, got out, headed home, where It'd drive us to the hospital-I was too affected to drive.

Turns out he had a tci, speech impacted, loss of some motor skills, but none of the "I lost half my body and can't move my right side" stuff.

Hurts seeing life happening sometimes. He's 67/68, diabetic, overweight, had the stroke on Sunday. He and his wife are a great team-I can't stand her, but I'm not married to her. They compliment each other. I owe him big time. Gave me pocket money, looked out for me, really always was there. (of course, Sybil claiming he gave It divorce money's a whole other thing).

Couldn't help but reflect on the fact that for this, Sybil and I got along-aside from Its one outburst in the hospital.

The guy who became the default parent, the "good brother." Sucks.

This is why we run. To stay healthy. Thank GOD I made it out today. Didn't think I would, and I'd have been ok with that. Initially, rain was predicted until 10am, totally messing up running, BUT, it wasn't raining when I got up. Thus, laced 'em up. AND, it rained once I was on the road. S'ok, was light. Not even enough to soak the running shoes.

Best of all, my "before picture" was there. Bless him. A man up to the challenge (my Dim Sum peeps as well).

More gooder. Can't control what hits the fan, but can put one foot in front of the other.

No comments: