6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

day 367

you can run, but you can't hide!/First bank of dad

St.Francis this am, felt good. Again, cooler temps, lower humidididity. Left casacrazy in a good mood, unusual. Why? Stoney actually was CHATTY. THAT was the good news, the other side of the coin-he was angling for $. I'll take it where I can. Of course, he hit on me becaise Shebitch always cries poverty. No prob there. He should have whatever he wants.

So, what's with the "hide?" Bumped into 2 people who did the Queens half! As I'm within 2 miles of the finish, a woman-one of the usual suspects-asks if I did the Queens half? She was right behind me @ the finish! Another guy, one of the Korean RRC/"Powered by Dim Sum" guys ran off and on with Laughlin, John and I for the last 3 miles. Now, take a moment. In a city of 9 million, what are the odds of running into anyone, let alone people with whom you have a mutual experience? Cool!

George Sheehan was right.


***Pix from the Queens half below.

No comments: