6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

day 353

sometimes you gotta listen to yourself

Had one of THOSE mornings. Got up late (Rescue Me was on, hadda watch it-with the concert fri night, won't be able to catch the repeat-and-even if I could, it's on too late, 11 pm. If I couldn't stay up to watch the first presentation @ 10, how could I stay up 'til 11?), so, with the predicted downpours, had the purrrrfect excuse for a day off. Felt guilty, but did it. Left Toxichouse later than usual, an hour later, to, again, preempt the possibility of a run. No rain, felt ambivalent, but, press on.

Got to the job, tied up some loose ends, went out to get the am papers, BOOM! Seventeen minutes before my morning run usually ends (6:21), the skies literally open up. Perfect. I'm validated! Body needs the rest, when you stand up and stand crooked, you need a day off. Briefly pondered Boot Camp tonight, then came to my senses.

...and yes...Stoney was STILL up when I left. Yesterday, during the day, I'd called to wish him a great day, Shebitch was berating him for being up all night. Now...take a minute. Let that sink in. It's sleeping on the couch ADJACENT to where he's sitting, up all night. Yet says nothing until after the fact. No, you can't write stuff this good. Had yet another talk with him about blowing his $$$. When I got back there after work there were Domino's boxes. I KNEW the Bitch didn't lift a finger, so I cautioned him, i.e. don't do what your parents should, i.e.: FEED you. Make Mommy be a Mommy. Useless. Again, can you imagine leaving for the day, with a 15 year old with money burning a hole in his pocket????

No comments: