6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, July 24, 2010

day 363

I don't (totally) suck!!!

Queens half today, blistering heat, very humid. One of those "just finish, don't have a stroke" races.

Met brotherfromanothermother, we hung, then went to the start. Def one of those "glad to know the area" parking situations-otherwise, you hadda park a mile away.

You KNOW peeps be off they pace when you catch them. Actually caught up to Laughlin n' his son-in-law. Embarassed them by muttering "pussy" under my breath in a cough, we walk/ran to the finish for the last 2-3 miles. I actually beat John. THIS is when you know pace went horribly wrong.

Pesa was there as a course marshall, good. You didn't know where she'd be, so you hadda keep a decent pace.

****Extreme props to the Youtube post. We def are ahead of the curve re: tech.

Saw Carmen and Leo from CP also.

Thank GOD manana is only a 5k!

...god I LOVE Queens!!! REALLY shouldn't've left.

No comments: