6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

day 346

Yeeeeeeow!!!

Day 2 of heatwave, day 2 of running in heatwave. Wow, this is tough. Thank GOD for waterfountains, relieves you of the need to carry water. Drank after the St.Francis turnaround. For some reason the fountain in front of The Parkhouse is set like a firehose-you get your face soaked but nothing into you.

St.Francis + a lil extra, 7+. Was trudging along when after St.Francis Dave the superjew comes along, still nursing his injured foot, walking (his walk is my run). Poor guy is a neurotic mess, really can't "be the run," always thinking of what e mail he has to send, what perceived ill he must correct....a Jewish Ray Ciccollili. I'll take my midpack pace anyday, long as I love what I'm doing.

Stoney and his friend Black James sleeping in the living room, Shebitch in my den. PISSED me off, intruding on my space, but...it IS hot.


***from the: "I'm glad to be me" files, my bud Dan calls. Living in Cape Cod, relapsed, drove him to rehab, finished rehab, back in Cape Cod. Ok, there it is in a nutshell. Calls this am, still clean, but has no rent money. Put the squeeze on me, told him I could Western Union $100-150, but wasn't gonna pay his rent. Wow. Feel for him, but, I'd never ever trade places. Lovely living @ The Cape, as long as the rent gets paid. Guess God wants me NOT to be pissed @ Shebitch.

***Just got off the phone with Tom, catching up, bbm yesterday evening from Pret. Recentered/refocused. Again, these humans...don't suck so much. Made a difficult weekend easier.

****Omar Minaya attended Newtown H.S. GOD I love Queens. MAN am I a fish outta water.

*****HOTTT!!! Do U have a/c? Overheard Stoney talkin' to his peeps, lamenting his heat. I felt terrible, but then again, who's paying the mortgage? Who sees to it that we're not in debt? That we have electricity? We have no a/c @ home, and we won't. I've told him: you have 2 choices: come with me for a swim, or melt. Shebitch doesn't contribute to the bills, it's all on me=sweat. It really hurts that he can't wrap his head around: I pay everything.

No comments: