6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Thursday, July 22, 2010

day 361

there IS a God!!!

Wokeup, made coffee, gave Stoney a "good morning" (he was still awake, 'natch), typing away on the pc...when...when..."fuck...shit!!!" Stoney wasn't very happy obviously. I meandered over and asked wassup? He left his phone @ Taco Bell. YESSS!!!!! This, to today's technokid, is almost as big as puberty! He's realizing what it's like to lose a limb!!! All the places we went, and he's texting his thumb off, a slap to my face, i.e. "this event isn't that important, lemme take myself out of it." Payback. Of course his mother is, literally, next to him, saying nothing. Yet It doesn't even suggest he calls to suspend the number. I friggin' LOVE it!!!

Last run before the Half. Should be murder, 96 degs predicted, man up!!! THIS is the weather that resulted in their pulling the plug on the Chicago Marathon. Pussies.

***Found a book @ my fave "bookstore" (they have a lending library @ the gym, I actually find too many good reads there-tells you something about the clientele). A Jimmy Breslin book, issued in '76, describing him as a writer for the Daily News, who reeks of Queens. GOD I miss living here. Besides favoring The Priest, the only mistake my Mother ever made was leaving Queens for Uniondale. The value of our property went way up (we sold for $95,000-can you beLIEVE that???), the neighborhood stabilized, jeez. What an error. But, Mom got what she needed. I hope. Still, I adore Queens.

...closer I am to fiIIIIINE.

No comments: