6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, June 21, 2009

WHEW!!!

was starting to get that Pigpen feeling: wherever I go, mud/dirt follows.

This am, MORE f-ing rain!!! @ that point I was fed up, wasn't taking "no" for an answer. I was going running. Only question was where? Either the NYRR 5m in The Park, or the Ray Downey Forever Running in Deer Park. Opted for staying local-glad I did.

Did well, again, with David Duval as my hero, Joe Cool, Mr. "I can turn it on when I choose to," I couldn't fail-rain or not.

Did day of reg, hate it, but hey, whatever. Nice tech shirts. Flat 5k, see if I could push and break 9. I did. I'm happy.

Nice, relatively flat, asphalt. By race time, the rain stopped, YAY!!!!! So, how'd my running shoes get muddy-they made you walk to a corral to FIRST get your bib checked, THEN gave you the shirt. I told 'em to have the volunteers check the bib while under the tents-rocket science???

Sun is out-let's see how long this lasts. Bethpage was resuming play @ 12. The ground was THAT saturated. No wonder Tiger's off, he couldn't ever get his groove on. Amazing what happens when you're off your center-but we know how THAT is don't we?

***Happy Father's Day to us!!! We know how tough it is, AND how worthwhile.


...now you say 'oh Romeo, yeah, you know I used to have a scene with him.....'

No comments: