6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

a little part of me died today

boss in hospital, he was supposed to go to Manhattan to host a sister facility picking up furniture etc.....so I got stuck with the task. Was odd, very odd.

Took a tour of the site, deserted, debris left behind as though people left in the process of imminent ttack. Not the way I'd want to leave my mark. Embarassing really.

During the walk through, relived old memories of the offices I'd spent years in. Wow, when I was an embryo really. Even found something I'd stuck on a wall that apparently, 14 years and many staff later, no one had thought to remove. Yes, I pried it off. Memories of a happier time when we were together as a staff, more concerned with rendering treatment than our own selfish needs.

Katherine Santiago Vazquez
Mark Lancet
Jack Crowley
Dr.Finger
Dr.Kwak
Dr.gutierrez
Nurse Kassim
Nurse Grace Larode
Danary Osorio
Vivian Nunez
Arthur Covello
Peter Dory
Pablo Mercado
Christopher Tavella
Mary Devine
Victor Ortiz
Edward Green
Neville Halstead
Ronald Lewis
Kenneth Lee
Darryl Lee, r.i.p.
Miguel Morales
Lee Olivieri
Wilson Medina
Raymond Cortez
Aida Dominguez
Vera Ward
Pamela Nesbitt
Barbara Duzant
Beverly Butler
Barbara Ashley
Marciana Sperling
Nelson Agundo
Elliot Vazquez
Marvia Voorhees
Carmen Johnson
***The Intake Coordinator who first caught my eye when we did a field visit as CAC students, urged me to follow my goal, and in my second year there, died of HIV. Bless you and thank you.

I was born there as an adult, really born there. Cut my teeth there, became the person I am now there. And now it's gone. How fitting I should get the director's office there in these circumstances, and the director's office @ Creedmoor under THOSE circumstances. Wow.

Pouring rain this morning, fitting.

No comments: