6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, June 28, 2009

good to have options

really wanted to do The Fairfield Half, but after play was called in the golf match there yesterday-guess why...RAIN, I decided to NOT take that chance. Did the Achilles Central park run instead.

Bad news: Expensive motherfucker. $35 day of race. But hey, how much would YOU pay to avoid Shebitch and your problems for a few hours.

Good news: medals!!! yay!!! Love me some them medals.

Wenzel and his daughter were there, Vince and someone else who called my name-can't hide, even when there in stealth mode-didn't wear team colors, did it as a lark. Glad I had that mindset. For a mere 5m, hadda take 2 walk breaks. If I hadn't raced yesterday I'm sure I would'a done better. Normal people don't do this more than once monthly, but normal isn't in my vocabulary.

*CRUCIAL error: Should'a brought a power gel. Formula: every 3 miles, do one. yesterday, was in Manhattan before it dawned on me that I'd neglected to bring one, dayum. Checked EVERY 24 hr Duane Reade: plenty of power BARS, no gels. Oh well. So my time suffered, I finished.

Did the West Side Y before and after, great to have a home away from home, then went to see Cheri. GREAT film that I'm sure few will see.

After doing yesterday am's race, then the hedges, then the lawn, was tired, but hadda do Central Park. Hadda celebrate 24 hours of rainless conditions, thuogh it was humid as HELL.

...Of course, when I came back to Toxichouse, Shebitch-the religion teacher-hadn't gone to church, done ANYTHING with Keith, and had in fact spent the day cleaning uot It's car. For 8 hours. yes, 8 hours. But It does a great job of telling everyone ELSE what/how to......judging everything. Amazing.


.....great weekend, spent some great time bonding with the neighbor and his best bud, who repeated, "for the guy everyone talks about, you're alright." What he now realizes is what we all know: not giving a FUCK what anyone thinks makes pathetic people nuts. Long as I know wassup, that's all that matters. Doing the right thing keeps everything copasetic-not necessarily easy.


........next time you see her, tell her that I love her. Next time you see her, tell her that I care......

No comments: