6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, June 20, 2009

get a grip

one more word about a race not appearing in our newsletter and I'm gonna scream. Get a grip. People seriously need a life. Like anyone has a right to expect anything?????
Better yet is when people overreact, much less react. Really. Blows my mind. Too much drama, lace up and run already. Long ago I learned never to expect anything from anyone, that doing so is a setup for negativity, need I say more? Likewise, people seem to need to hold onto excuses to be resentful. Life is too short. These are the things that years from now we wonder "what were we mad at???" "how did we let things get to this?" Love people, remember love? A race didn't appear in a newsletter, like it really friggin' matters? My son growing up normally, THAT matters. Shebitch's premature morbidity?, THAT matters. What good I can do for my patients, THAT matters. Printing something somewhere-or not, irrelevant.

And today's moment? Guess who has Pret's butt: Amy Mickelson. There I am, minding my own beeswax-walking 'round the course, and Phil's wife is there, I noticed her butt. People sending their best wishes, she said she'd pass them on to Phil. She IS a sweetheart, but, what people forget is this IS his second wife. As soon as he made it big he got divorced and married trophy wife. Memories are short. Is it a tragedy? yes, but I wonder what wife #1 is thinking?

Jim Furyk carrying his own bag from player parking to the putting green-cool. Regular guy. HE is what everyone thinks Phil is. David Duval, a.k.a. Joe Cool, in contention. For years he'd been saying he still had it, now he proves it. How can you NOT love a guy who admits he plays on the pro tour to fund his snowboarding? LOVE that!!! Critics on his case all the while. Heavily identify with him. If I wanted to could I break 8 minutes consistently? Yes. Would I want to train THAT hard that I didn't enjoy what I was doing? No. Would I want to be forced into days, possibly weeks off? No.

Was supposed to work the 3rd shift, 3pm to closing. Nope. No way. Hung out all day, then boogied. Not getting involved in late crowds mud. And now that I'm home, the sun comes out. No, you can't write stuff this good.


***5:13 pm, pouring. OK, maybe I made the right choice. :)

No comments: