6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Monday, June 15, 2009

LUCY!!!!!

pulled the football away AGAIN!!!

Day 1 of my week off, started with St.Francis, 'natch. Made it to the turn around feeling good, crisp cool morning-59 degs. Then, what's that? A sprinkle. No biggie, up the hill, toward the school, more than a sprinkle. Make the turn around, DAMN!!! Got me again. SOAKED. And it continued until a few minutes ago. Got my run in, did great time wise, but shit I HATE rain.

...of course NOW the sky is blue and birds are chirping.

Would I have changed a thing? No. Would've cancelled the run if it were raining as I left, rolled over, slept, then kicked myself for a missed opportunity. Things happen EXACTLY as they should.

STILL feeling great from Bill's Birthday 1m yesterday (and the irony of it being held where it was). Is that cool or what? Of course, I'm a bit annoyed some usual suspects weren't there, but again, priorities (?). What a delightful way to note such an important day in a runner's life. Dunno if I'll be running @ that age, if I even reach it.

No comments: