6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Thursday, August 14, 2008

dodged a bullet

woke up, headed out, got to The Job, OOPS!!! Forgot running shoes. Fiddler crab it back to Toxichouse, grab 'em n' go. Ok, did St.Francis. Again, felt really good. Arm seems to be improving-but, gotta keep my word. I REALLY thought of giving up the appointment, but Lucy did Charlie Brown again JUST as I was thinking of changing my mind. "Say WHAT?" Again, you know Charlie Brown goes to kick the football, Lucy pulls it away, but he NEVER stops trying to kick that ball. So, did the first half of St.Francis, did the turnaround, and...yep, BOOM! Skies opened, got soaked-JUST as I was thinking of not going to my HIP center to have the arm peruuuuuuuuuused. So, headed home (not "Toxichouse, as Shebitch is hundreds of miles away), showered, off to Hip @ 9. Seen by md @ 10:45, referred to Island Ortho. The X Ray showed a hairline fracture with a chip on the right side of my elbow. Didn't think this'd be easy did'ja? @ this point, I'm thinking "is EVERYTHING I do this difficult???" Yes actually.

Got to Island Ortho (Massapequa) @ 12, waited 'til 1pm. Orthopedist sees me @ 1:30. Just as I'm chewin' nails n' spittin' out battleships, we start talking, turns out he was passing out bananas in Park Slope last year @ The Big One.

We review options, when I say I got Quebec next week, he understands my procrastination. No cast, yet. No sling, yet. Physical therapy for 4 weeks then reassess. Thanks G. Thanks Dr.Kuri. Worth all the bullshit.

No comments: