6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

2 days!!!!!!

so, what to do, what to do. Wanna do 86th, feed the soul. Need St.Francis, feed the miles. So........do both!!!!!!

Did 86th, felt good. Took a break in between, with the soul nourished, feed the knees-glucosamine. Nice.

Then, off to The Line!!! Felt better! Consider 86th the warmup, got St.Francis under my belt. Yummmmm. BEAUTIFUL morning!!! Not a cloud in the sky, cool(er) temps. Only other runner was Gambino-does his 5m on the DOT-turns @ EXACTLY the 2 1/2 mile mark. No wonder he's so fast.

Played Sunken Meadow, too beautiful a day not to, maxxed out, 27 holes.

Back to Toxichouse, did the "pre-marathon" routine. I.E. shaved head, yes, was tempted to do the mohawk/no, didn't want grief @ the borders. Starting to get psyched. Kind'a miss that buzz in the stomach. The loneliness that comes with no support @ "home," much less derision from the ignorant. Yet, running is a solitary thing anyway. Bottom line: one person goes in the box when you die. That thought pulls me through. The spectators, when they're there, are the icing on the cake. But from my "family," well...let's just say, if my brother gives Shebitch $$$ for a divorce, I don't expect anything.

A bientot!!!!!

No comments: