6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, August 17, 2008

the countdown is on!

one week to go, getting antsy n'est pas?

Did the Dirty Sock 10k. FUN race-XC, mud, narrow paths, everything you could hope for. The peeps who put it on were true shitheads-they guarded the pre-race water as though it were liquid gold-real anal asshole. I was ALMOST gonna return the chip n' head to AP, but no. Do the fucking run. Glad I did. Met some of the usual suspects, nary a Strider in sight though. Pity, this course is a challenge.

No walk breaks-if I'm doing a marathon, no friggin' walking, but the arm was a concern. Know how you get the prerace jitters? Made it a point to line up in my usual spot, last, as I didn't want any putz hitting my arm. Dumb move. SCHMUCK!!! If you're passing half the crowd, some will hit you. Oh well.

Headed back to wind down @ the Y, stopped by The Parkhouse to take a leak, ran into the peeps, Deb asked what I was doing there. Let the record show for ONCE I wasn't a typical guy-I actually used the restroom.

P.S. re: yesterday; STILL haven't gotten over running into the patients on the run back. Always tickles me when 2 worlds meet.

...now....ice that arm.

No comments: