6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, July 6, 2008

whew!!!

ok, MAJOR blowout last night, Shebitch takes Keith to his brotherfromanothermother's, and apparently stays the night there. Good, at least peace here (yet, It'll accuse me of being M.I.A.), whatever. Among other things, I have a problem with death, I'm a liar........this is what you call conditional love. Wonderful to daily be confronted with your every shortcoming, knowing all your defects-real or perceived-are public knowledge. Funny though, spreading this detritus doesn't result in It's being happy.

ok, wake up, quiet in the house. Head to AP. Cloudy skies, humid as HELL. Not waiting, head out@ 6:30. Did St.Francis, no shirt weather, felt ok. Ran into the Renegades, few other usual suspects, appears the hardcore were smart enough to run EARLY. 8:30 just doesn't cut it. Starting to enjoy the longer runs as a base-esp in this gdmnd humidity.

Showered, headed into nyc, there's a flick in limited engagement: The Wackness. Went to AMC 25. GREAT flick. Weird seeing a movie @ 10:15 am on a Sunday, but weird is my life. Jumped back on the train, back to veeeeehicle (NICE "ticket" there, ;) ), off to Massapequa.

Say WHAT? Yes, Massapequa. Not for the Lift n' Run, but for the Run. Sue and Vince asked if I was doing it, I said I was trying to get away from 5k's. Tom asked if I was doing it, ditto. So, of course, hadda be there. God forbid I miss out. Glad I went. Had a great time, the green peeps were there (John n' Mrs.R, Ray, Debbie, Vince, Sue, Tom n' Teri, and Dave), wonderful. Can you really ask for anything more? Individuals gathered to challenge themselves, while getting together for a shared interest. Nice. Thanks guys, REALLY needed it.


.....now of course the dedicated reader may well be wondering how Hulk is? Makes you wonder how the people who begged for a dog have no problem taking off with nary a thought to the care of an innocent animal. As he limps about.......................be glad you don't exist in these walls. Not for the faint of heart. Can you imagine uttering "whew" @ the END of a weekend??? Most people look forward to Sat n' Sun. Not @ Sybil's casa.

As I walked back to the veeeeehicle, Michael "I save on nipple tape by never wearing shirts when I race" Service asked how I "enjoyed" the run (in view of the humidity). Of course I answered with my standard "beats sittin' @ home, gettin' fat." Little do people know the truth is beats sittin' @ home. Hey, we all got baggage.


...someone saved my life tonight......................

No comments: