6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Friday, July 4, 2008

now THAT was fun!!!

didn't wanna, hadn't preregged, almost isolated n' did The Line, but noooooooooooooooo. Couldn't resist being "where the action is." Hadda do Bellmore. Christ. N' glad I did.

a)Doing St.Francis paid off in droves. a 4m by comparison wasn't bad. Esp the running in stupid heat. This was the first year I didn't have to take a walk break.

b)Wore The Colors. First time I did, and no one else. Vince n' Sue were there, in stealth mode. Wassup wit' 'dat??? Glad I did. Most clubs wore theirs (i.e. LIRRC), n' I got comments from onlookers as I passed: "Nice training there, a good run."

c)After "slashyourwrists'causesharedfriendsthinkyou'reanasshole," night, needed some validation (can you imagine, Shebitch called them to warn them I was coming today?????). This came in the form of only being a minute or so behind thebluepeoplewhoshouldcallaspadeaspadeandjoinaREALclub. Nice.

STILL annoyed I didn't prereg though, how can you beat a $5 fee???

p.s. Shebitch really DID turn what used to be shared friends against me. Came home from the run expecting us all to go to these friends 4th. bbq, I'm talkin' came straight home. So far so good. Next thing you know It, again, turns Satanic. Tells us Keith n' I can go to the bbq in my vehicle. Seperate vehicles??? Wait, it gets better. I ask for the friends phone #, call, ask if my going would cast a pall on the festivities. They answered diplomatically. What does this tell us? Sad. Very sad. I tried. It goes on a rant about how It's going to stop doing whatever It does for "everyone else," what that is I have no clue. Keith woke up @ 11am, did It even make breakfast? Of course not, but prepared a mac salad for It's friends bbq.

So, what did Keith n' I do? It was in the shower, we dressed n' left. Went to see Wall-E-an ok flick, but remember, anything to keep from slashing the wrists. Stopped on the way home, picked up ribs, chicken, 'shmallows, did our own bbq-minus Sybil. THEN the rains came down, good on 'em. Hope they got soaked. Backstory: It asked Keith what he wanted to do, he answered be with me. Sounds like a custody argument n'est pas? Smart kid. But it really hurts, I'm talkin' punch to the gut hurts. Again, for the record:

a)one person goes into the box when you stop breathing.
b)long as G knows wassup, it's ok.

doesn't diminish the pain, but oh well. Thank G I ran well. One foot in front of the other.

N' I thought we were all going out as a "family," can't say I'm not an optimist (we did It's Deathwatch-It's scheduled to go in 2031, me in 2044. G is good).

No comments: