6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Thursday, July 24, 2008

lock n' load

YES hate running in the rain.

YES did it again this am. (rationalization: prediction of passing thundershowers for the 1/2, may as well get used to it. AHHH, just like the good old days n'est pas? Remember the first Nike 1/2? If you were one of the bluepeoplewhoshouldthrowinthetowelandjoinaREALrunningclub, you were dry. The rest of us got soaked)

Was pouring when I woke up, pouring when I hit 7-11, but we all know "passing showers" end as soon as they start, so.........

When I hit the job, was still split. Figured if it was pouring, go to spinning, if not.....So, the rain had stopped. COOL! Hit The Line, felt good, went to Kissena, turned, back on The Line, then BOOM. Soaked again. Now I know how Charlie Brown feels when Lucy snatches away the football for the millionth time. BUT, if I hadda do it all over again, I would. Got a longER run in, ready for Sunday.

...and yes, regged for the Human 10k. That means the Manhattan Run @ the crack of dawn, then 6.2 miles in the evening. Hadda. When some train, they split their long runs in 2. I'll treat 8-31 in that fashion. Can't beat it really. Do the 10k, then a private Nike concert @ Randall's Island. NICE. Tell me again, exactly how much Ibuprofen causes ulcers?

No comments: