6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

ANOTHER fine mess I've gotten me into

a.k.a. "seemed like a good idea @ the time."

What's the toughest part of running? Getting out the door.

What's the toughest part of getting out the door? rain.

Planned on doing St.Francis, get to 7 eleven, BOOM, torrential freakin' rain-to the extent that I turned around n' headed home to shut the windows.

Headed back out, could it be? Rain dissipating. OK, now, with my luck, make it to The Line and BOOM all over again, but what the hell. Sweat/rain same thing, dif scent.

Did St.Francis. Started stupid humid and dry-following the downpour. Head to the big turn (steep downhill) and BOOM. Damn. Oh well, may as well enjoy it, so I did. Turning (can't beliEVE I'm saying this) lemons into (can't finish it, I just can't.)

Good news is: did the run, completed, another notch in the training belt. Better news: by 11am I was dry-running shoes especially so. Thank G for my job.

Latest prediction: downpour Sat night. Damn.

Now, gotta decide what to do re: 8-31. It Curtis's run which I gots ta do. Can't miss it. THEN @ 6 pm, the Nike Human Race 10k. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Coin flip?

STILL feelin' good about Monday night's race. The race itself was ok-nothing great re: time, but ok. What made it so cool-don't forget, SOMEONE here has an eating disorder-was the bbq after. Tom brought his propane stove, I picked up some HUGE London Broil, we cooked it up, added a salad, yummm. I actually felt normal. For the FIRST time in 48 years. THAT was nice. Adding to it, won @ the BAB van. Trivia: name the members of the Eagles. Too easy. Got a shirt. I asked if I could throw 'em a q, they said ok. Name Timothy B.Schmidt's FIRST group. They didn't get the answer-hat. Nice. Little things count.

***Shebitch out housecleaning. N' all the party shit is still all over. Wow.

No comments: