6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, May 19, 2012

day 1026

Whew!!!!! Brooklyn Half was TOUGH!!!!! Took a shitload of walk breaks, but still did better than my last half. But, as you know, I don't do it for a time. AND, medals!!!!! Nice! Was split, whether to take the train or drive. Glad I used MTA. Was a zoo!!!!! Over 10,000 people, not unlike The Big One. Pix below show the port-o-sans (reminding one of Ft.Wadsworth) and the multitudes @ Coney Island. AND, met my peeps, specifically, a NYRR guy who befriended me. Nice. Then off to Manhattan, catch a flick. Was just in time to see.....YELLOW SUBMARINE!!!!! How cool was that? Ran to Coney island, where Maman exposed me to frog's legs, THEN caught a flick Pedrito exposed me to @ Floyd Bennett Field! Wow. Of course, hadda avoid Toxichouse (which has actually been peaceful. Sybil's been behaving as Stoney smells more and more like a marijuana leaf). Today, neighbor was having a yard sale. So, @ the AMC 25, SOMETHING'S always up. So made myself a double feature-snuck into battleship. AWFUL movie. All action, no substance. Left after an hour. Cruised to the upper west side, got some dinner, then home. And yes, Stoney AGAIN smoked. Can't WAIT to see his attitude when he asks for $$$ for college. Tell him he smoked it. Disrespectful lil' shit.

No comments: