6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, May 12, 2012

day 1019

REALLY stepped in shit!!!!! Ok, headed to Manhattan to get my room for the weekend, to play. 2 events-a 10k on Sat n' either run the 4m on Sun or fulfill my volunteer requirement. Was walking about town, early-as usual-caught a niche flick @ the AMC 25, but before the flick, manager grabs us, apologized profusely for the situation-but had to walk us to another theater. No biggie, but gave all assembled free passes for another flick. So, there I was, a $6 movie (early matinee, 'natch), and ANOTHER flick. *and Deb texted me asking if I was doing the weekend races. You're really never alone/have friends everywhere. So, me being me, not wanting to NOT be busy, did MORE walking around, got a ticket for a Comedy Central Showcase (2 drink minimum, ugh) then ANOTHER opportunity presented itself. Overkill @ The Best Buy Theater. Killed 2 stones w/the same bird: great band, good way to pass the evening, and first time @ that venue. Niiiice!!!!! ***Spoke with the volunteer coordinator, nope, can't volunteer AND run the race. Oh well. Gotta do watcha gotta do. *****Pix below

No comments: