6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Summer Highlights

really a crap summer, not good, but managed fun anyway:

-5/14: ICS Reunion, my son meets my students, wow. Proud of each and every one of them.
-5/29: Ducks Game: Stoney and The Peeps.
-6/4: Nissequogue Sunset Run: Who'd'a thunk HERE'S where I'd bump into Mike Taylor???
-6/16: Police Chase in Flushing Meadows: Delightfully surprised The Peeps showed. How lovely!!!
-6/26: Governor's Island 10k: my modeling career takes off, @ a race I didn't really wanna do!
-8/7: Curtis's Brooklyn Bridge Run, great guy, fun race, and The Peeps were there!
-8/18: Cheap Trick in Brooklyn: the wettest wait, the best 30 minutes!!!
-9/3: Pat LaFontaine run, great guy who gives back!
-9/4: The Manhattan Run: makes my summer!!!

In the midst of all this crap, The Boss retired, I'm made "Acting Director" (no more $$$, lots more aggravation, without knowing if I'm the chosen candidate???!!!).

...and still long for the days when the clubs were together, a la the Queens Grand Prix days. Now, everyone does their own thing. Sad. THIS is what effects me.

No comments: