6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Friday, September 2, 2011

day 768

after the boys of summer........

so here it is, the last hurrah of this season. Good. Tough season it's been.

Boss retired, Doc retires, Hurricane, Stoney being a teenager. Let's turn this page!!!

Got my run in, again, sorta. Did 86th ave. STILL some trees down on The Line. Oh well, with Sunday's run, I'll have my weekly miles.

Brothefromanothermother called yesterday. Homey ain't been right since he got hitched. All his focus is on their house, not a bad thing, I'm envious. Be nice to come home to enjoy the fruits of your labors, rather than check the day's damage/sabotage. But this doesn't change his being out of sorts. Sucks for him. I knew things were weird when he spoke of doubting his ability to do The Marathon. Might actually defer until next year. Wow.

Again, another Friday off-at this rate I'll work a 4 day week until next year. Caught a limited release flick in Manhattan, had a blast, after my run. Came back, got my bib for manana (annual "have Pat LaFontaine sign my bib" race), did the lawn in preparation of cutting the fallen tree to pieces manana with Stoney.

And of course, lest we miss a day's dysfunction, Shebitch had stolen some of my running stuff. Why, dunno. Sick bitch. What slays me: It hangs in the backyard getting MORE melanoma (you'd THINK a cancer survivor would avoid the sun), yet, doesn't loift a finger-doesn't pick up dogshit, litters everywhere. Just can't be bothered being invested in tis home.

Thank GOD for running.

No comments: