6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, August 20, 2011

day 755

:) !!!!!!!

Ok, FINALLY, this am it was nice. Laced 'em up, headed to The Park. It was a refreshment run, so fully expected to see Pret.

Did the St.Francis route, big tree after the 5m mark, nice break coming back. One of my am usual suspects tapped his wrist as in "you're late," and another-a LI Marathoner, similarly slept in. Wonderful to see 'em. Really, when you're a runner, you have friends you didn't know you had.

'Bout one mile from St.Francis coming back, up The Hill, I'm actually verbally whining, who do I see? Michelle! I recognized her by her tights. She's a month from retirement and STILL a babe! Always (I think she forgets she tells me) says she's "getting back into shape." Like she ever let herself go? Sounds like Pret, bitches about her weight yet still has an amazing body.

So I see my Jesus freak usual suspect, my LI Marathoner, Michelle, then Carlos from College Point!!!!! Whatthefuck? Was this "All roads lead to Alley Pond" day? THEN, Pret. THEN Chris. Told her Pret was 2 miles ahead.

What a lovely run! All this knowing my Alley Pond peeps were ready to start their run (they run too damned late).

Then, off, again, to nyc. Hadda pick up some cd's @ Bleeker Bob's. Of course checked what was playing @ the IFC, caught a flick (there's ALWAYS something playing), they closed off the street for a street fair. Bought some "3 for $5 tank tops," then headed home.

Stopney? Still sleeping. When I left @ 6am he was still awake. Finally woke up @ 4 pm. Rock star!!!

No comments: