6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, December 19, 2009

day 146

WOW!!!

SHITLOAD of Striders made it to the Ho Ho Ho. Amazing. For some reason, this race always draws a mess of us. Nice. We do it year after year, sort of a means of marking another year under the belt. REALLY heartening to see so many of us still vertical. THAT was the good news. The bad news: Quantum didn't even represent, not at all. So much for that whole Brickwell bullshit. Frightening when you become that insulated.

Hank, Howie, John And Judi, Laughlin, Debbie Pantano, Debbie Pesa, John Sassone, Lori, Vince and Sue, Jonathan and his mom, Helen, Fran, Marlon, Lynn, Sara and Ken and Bill, Tom n' Gerry. AT LEAST 22 of us!!! AND, Marlon and Laughlin won!!!! Bullshit awards: fucking note pads (made the travel mugs from O 2 S look worthy), but, they placed. Ken passed me in the last mile. It's ok, for some reason, between my knee and this year, I lost the edge. Bottom line: knee hurts, I have NO motivation to speed up, but I'm in the game nontheless. Nice to be there, actually stayed to hang with the peeps.

Now the fun: will we have the elections manana? Drama drama. Tom is running for VP, good, SOMEONE will run opposed. Otherwise, it's nolo contendere for all positions on the bored. God bless my people, they are very cool.

Ho.

No comments: