6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, December 11, 2011

day 868

that DIDN'T suck

Did a 5k this am. REALLY wanted to see my peeps @ Alley Pond, some were going to do a couples race, but my timidity (stop laughing) always gets the best of me. Yes, kiddies, one can be a cynic and still be timid. Also, broken-hearted. When you can't spend quality time with the one you love, you'd really rather be alone.

So, with the thought that my heart belonged elsewhere, went to a first time race in buttfuck Suffolk county, oops, Bohemia. (exit 57!!!!!). As if that wasn't bad enough, they had no shirts for day of race runners (so you get to pay more, AND no shirt???). I got one, just don't ask how. Surprise, surprise (we ARE everywhere), Bill was there. Normally he does races with good vittles, but this one was good n flat, only a 5k, so he was breaking in a newbie. Lovely to see him. It's always nice to run into a peep!!!

Then, got a call from Shebitch re "where did you put..." It simply can't internalize the need to call in an EMERGENCY. Do I really havta change my number again???

BUT, I bit the bullet. Called back, I DO owe the bitch a birthday dinner (we can't have bad karma can we, after all, it HAS been a month. It made me wait 2 weeks so I figure I'm even). We had a lovely Japanese dinner @ a great, deserted restaurant. I figured all the cretins'd be watching Sunday football. I was right, the place had us, and tumbleweeds.


***New Years flick, very good!

No comments: